About family day care educators
Family day care educators are approved, early childhood education and care professionals who engage in the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and work within the requirements of the National Quality Framework.
- In order to provide a safe educational environment for your child, there are requirements for all educators to:
- Hold or be actively working towards a Certificate III level education and care qualification.
- Meet national standards which include maintaining quality learning programs, safe and hygienic learning environments, record keeping and qualifications.
- Maintain current first aid and CPR certificates and training in the emergency management of asthma and anaphylaxis.
- Maintain a clearance for working with children.
- Participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by their coordination unit.
- Attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
- Maintain current public liability insurance coverage.